University of California, RiversideUCR


FAQ Answer   


What resources are available to students who have recently lost a parent, other family member or friend?


To address immediate and logistical challenges associated with the loss of a family member or other emergency contact the office of Assistant Vice Chancellor & Dean of Students which houses the AVC/Dean and the Campus Case Manager.  For ongoing help and support students may find the Counseling Center a helpful resource http://counseling.ucr.edu/.  A counselor is available by telephone 24 hours day, 7 days a week and on a drop in basis during weekday business hours.  A number of Peer Mentors are also available for help and support.  Information about how to connect with a peer is available through the WELL http://well.ucr.edu/Peers/Pages/Peers.aspx.  

Back to Frequently Asked Questions

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Department Information

Division of Student Affairs
2108 Hinderaker Hall

Tel: 951-827-4641
Fax: 951-827-2248